Bone Fracture Treatment in Chennai
Bone Fractures – An Overview
A fracture is a medical term to denote when a bone in the human skeletal system sustains damage. The damage that causes bone fractures could include small cracks, dislocations, or even snapped in half. Bones fractures are highly treatable permanently but however, depending on the complications, it requires high care and treatment. The treatment for fracture is usually short-term, and the recovery, too, is very straightforward. Our doctor offers the best medical care for all types of bone fracture treatment in Chennai. To know more about bone fractures, please read further below.
Symptoms of a Bone Fracture
The following are the symptoms of a bone fracture:
- Excruciating pain, along with swelling or redness.
- Bleeding from the injured area.
- Inability to shake or move the injured part of the body.
- Protruding of the bones out from the skin.
- A visible deformity or bend in the injured area.
These are the common symptoms of a bone fracture. If you suspect that the injured person has a fracture, do follow the first-aid treatment for fracture listed below.
First-Aid Measures for Fractures
If you suspect and positive that a person has a fracture, you can undertake the following first-aid measures.
- Let the victim breathe comfortably well. Then remove any obstacles around the injured region.
- Take a sterile cloth or bandage and apply gentle pressure on the injured area to arrest the bleeding.
- Try applying icepacks on the injured area gently without applying too much pressure.
- Whatever you do, do not move or push the injured part of the body. Immobilize the region and administer it with care.
- To reduce swelling, apply a damp cloth or icepacks every fifteen minutes around the injured region.
We offer fantastic bone fracture treatment in Chennai for all types of fractures. Contact us anytime, any day, for trauma care around the clock.
Treatment at Orthopaedics India
- Open fractures – considered as emergencies due to deep wound visibility through the skin
- Immediate medical attention provided to such patients
- A splint/cast provided to immobilize and stabilize the area
- Consequently, this aids bone and ligament healing and protects the injured area
- Pain control medications prescribed
- Surgery imperative for certain types of bone breakages
- Metal rods and pins used as internal fixtures
- External fixture devices used along with rods and pins outside the body to hold the fragments of bone in place